Pages

10.16.2011

My Favorite Time of Year

I love autumn because I'm a New Englander by birth and love the crisp nights of foliage season, and the juicy apples and luscious pumpkins, and apple cider and the smell of wood smoke... Another reason I love this time of year is because this is the time of the many Sheep and Wool Festivals, all around the U.S. and around the world. Shearing time.

 Few things call to me like wool: waiting to be spun, or knitted/crocheted into something useful, or strung on my loom in a warp just asking for its weft. Ahhhh! Wool season!

 One of the biggest festivals of the year is the New York Sheep and Wool Festival, held in Rhinebeck, New York. It's a beautiful location, I hear, and there are vendors from all over the country. For fiber nerds, this is one of the biggies! Which is why I'm sad I haven't made it there yet. But I will soon, I hope. In the meantime, maybe you will be able to make it before I do, and tell me all about it. Won't you?

 http://www.sheepandwool.com

If I could, I'd be in Rhinebeck!

  NYS Sheep & Wool Festival 
OCTOBER 15th & 16th, 2011 
Saturday 9AM-5PM Sunday 10AM-5PM

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of spinning, here's a source for fiber I've found, and I can't wait to try out their beautiful painted wool! Into the Whirled
    http://www.networkedblogs.com/blog/into_the_whirled

    ReplyDelete