Part 8 of Julie Harrison's Mixed Stitch Stripey Blanket is something she calls the Outlined Cluster Pattern.
1. Ch 1, sc across to end.
2. A row of 4-tr clusters: Ch 3, tr in next st, *skip 3 st, 4 tr in next st*; repeat to end, finishing with tr in each of last 2 st.
3. Ch1, sc in next st, 2trtog into the center skipped st of the first row of sc, *3 sc across top of cluster st, then 2trtog into center skipped st of first row of sc*. Repeat * to * to end of row.
4. Ch 1, hdc across to end. Turn. Do not change color.
5. Ch 1, hdc across to end. Turn. Change color.
6. Repeat row 4 in new color. Turn. Do not change color.
7. Repeat row 5 in same color.