Pages

6.06.2017

What's This? Mixed Stitch Stripey Goodness

And now, for my next project...a mystery. A mystery blanket, in fact. A fun project because of all the different stitches included. A CAL (Crochet-A-Long) for a beautiful sampler blanket.

Springtime has brought beautiful new babies into the world, and everyone knows babies need blankets! One more reason to love babies.

I wanted something lively and colorful for the most recent baby in my family, Nicholas. I found this beautiful Mixed Stitch Stripey Blanket by Julie Harrison on an Australian blog (in American terms). Here's a perfect example of a CAL that I am jumping into long after the fact. And what fun!

Join me and we can make one together!

I'm making this in Red Heart Super Saver (those who follow me know that this is my go-to yarn), using a J (6.0 mm) hook.

I'm making a stroller blanket, which will be approximately 30" x 35".

To start, ch 100.

Hdc Stripes

The first section she does is five rows of hdc stripes.

1. Hdc in the 2nd ch from the hook and to end of row. Do not turn.

2. Attach new color at same (right) end of the blanket as previous row started. Ch 1, hdc across to end.

3.-5. Repeat Row 2, changing color each time.

Note: If you want to use the same colors as I am, I used: Soft Navy, Royal, Red, Royal, and Blue.

Next section coming up...Granny Stripes!

Note: Please, please work over or work in your ends every row (with a crochet hook or yarn needle). Who wants to be done-but-not-done and have all those ends left to deal with, when you could be dancing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment